Friday 6 January 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year from the South Hams. The weather, as in most places, has been rather wild! This new house complains like a banshee. A good setting for the next book?

There is a write-up about The Other Canal in New Books! I also spent some time as a Local Author in Totnes bookshop. I am delighted that many people bought the book for friends and family for Christmas presents, and have had good feedback. The latest edition has A Political Thriller on the front cover - just to make it clear that it is not about canals! Do let me know if you would like a signed copy of the new edition.

At the moment the book is being written as a screen script. As many people had told me that it should be a film, I have begun to set things in motion (pardon the pun!) This italic is on the whim of my laptop and I can't revert to plain text! I should stick to my lovely new fountain pen, a gift when I left the Writers' Block and moved to the South Hams.

The South Hams Writing Group is great and members are already looking forward to the next annual competition. I do have a germ of an idea for another book, but as I still have 600 books on the floor here and no shelves, I guess my priority should be the house. But who knows??

Happy New Year.
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment